Links and descriptions relating to some of my recent work. Click on the photos to be taken to the relevant piece. Most of these pieces were written for multimedia projects. Want me to write something for you? Click here to contact me for more information!
Credits, Positions, and Awards
A list of my recent positions and awards. I am always open to creative opportunities, so click here to contact me if you would like me to work with you!
- 2020 - Music and Sound Director, Bruce Hall's The Great Gatsby
- August 2019 - Music Director, Bruce Hall's The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui
- 2019 - Director, Bruce Hall Choir
- 2019 - ANU Music Student's Association Internal Events Coordinator
- April - May 2019 - Production Assistant & Surtitle Operator, Canberra International Music Festival
- March 2019 - Composer, 40 Hours of Film - Unmasked
- 2018 - Awardee, the Australian National University's ANZCA Composition Prize (Second Year)
- November 2018 - Attendee, Thessaloniki International Film Festival
- September 2018 - Participant, Fusion Film Scoring Workshops
- August 2018 - Music Director, Bruce Hall's Noises Off!
- April - May 2018 - Production Intern & Surtitle Operator, Canberra International Music Festival
- April 2018 - Big Night Out Director
- March 2018 - Composer, 40 Hours of Film - Fish Fingers
- June - August 2017 - Musical Director, Bruce Hall's Kill Me, Deadly
- March 2017 - Composer, 40 Hours of Film - The 'It List
- 2016 - 3rd Place Winner, Queensland Conservatorium of Music's SCORE IT! Competition
I am a composer based out of Canberra with a focus on composing for a wide variety of media; in particular, film, television, and theatre. My work explores pure musical concepts with a view of further exploring cultural contexts such as pop, jazz, and popular culture. My music is appreciated by a wide variety of audiences; particularly those in the theatre, film, and classical spaces. In 2018, I was a participant of the Fusion Film Scoring Workshops held in Thessaloniki, Greece, and later that year I attended the International Film Festival held in Thessaloniki. I specialise in composing music under time pressure and to budget, having scored multiple short films for competitions such as "40 Hours of Film" or "Lights, Canberra, Action!" where participants have only a few days to create an entire film.
Recently, I have taken an interest in conducting and directing ensembles. In 2019, I co-directed a community choir at the Australian National University. Under my directorship, the choir placed first at the ANU's Inter-Hall Choir Competition. I have conducted many of my works for recording purposes, and have been praised for my professionalism and communication skills.
In addition to my variety of musical skills, I have experience in event producing. I have worked for the Canberra International Music Festival in various capacities since 2017, and have become one of the most experienced surtitle operators in Canberra. In 2018, I was a director of "Big Night Out", one of the largest student-run events at not just the ANU but all Australian universities. I believe in having a strong events foundation to support my musical creativity, which allows my creative vision to also be grounded by what is realistic.
I enjoy trying new things and am always looking for creative opportunities, so if you have something interesting to talk about, please send me a message on social media or via the contact form below.
Want me to write something for you or work on one of your projects? Send me an email using this contact form, by clicking the 'mail' icon on the bottom right of screen (in the sidebar), or contact me on social media using one of the icons on the bottom right.